Since the photo therapy had been removed, his Isolette incubator has been covered with a blanket. Now that he's at 32 weeks this week, he gets to have is "bed" covered only partially to slowly introduce him to light.
Each thing that happens is just another baby step of improvement but at the same time so huge to us! He is just doing so well and is getting a little tummy but still has no butt! We really appreciate your continued prayers for our little guy!
This morning Nathan's nurse (Linda) put on a preemie onesie that was given to us when we first arrived at the NICU from our neighbors here (their twins were preemies and had grown out of them). He looks so different with clothes on but looks so cute and such a big boy! Here are some pictures of him at 3 weeks old in a onesie. His shirt says 'Property of Mom'. I love it! :)
Look at me and my first outfit. I'm 3 weeks old today!
I have to apologize for the low light and lack of clarity - most pictures we are taking with no flash to protect his eyes and the room is somewhat dark for his protection as well. I'm even hesitant to take a picture with a flash when he's sleeping. But at least I'm able to take pictures of him and show this little guy off.
His nurse Linda is holding him here so I can take is 3 week old picture. He wasn't so happy because mommy and baby just finished with kangaroo care and he was removed from his comfy place on mommy.
Mommy and Nathan posing after kangaroo time. He's sticking out his tongue! I wear one of Daddy's soft long sleeve button up shirts to easily hold him during kangaroo care rather than an uncomfortable and cold hospital gown.
Oh Nicky, what a cutie pie you have! So glad things are going well!!! Korben has that same onesie and it is such a cute one. Take care!
ReplyDeleteSo happy that your little guy is getting better every day...
ReplyDeleteI am sure you do already but just a reminder to cherish every second b/c they grow so so fast. Sending you our best... love you and miss you!
Linnea, Darrell, & Calie (4 months)
I am so happy for you guys. He sure is a cutie and is really growing. You guys are still in our prayers and please let me know if there is something that I can do. Heather and Zane
ReplyDelete