Tuesday, March 10 he turned 11 weeks old. That evening at home, I put Nathan on his tummy for some tummy time for a few minutes while I picked up the bathroom from his bath. He didn't mind being on his tummy at first but then started fussing (he was hungry too). The little stinker rolled over! He kicked enough while fussing that he managed to roll himself onto his back.
Wednesday, March 11 I took him to the doctor in the morning for his scheduled second Synagis shot for RSV. He did really well considering....just cried when getting the shot, then settled down shortly afterwards. I felt bad (of course) but knew that this was a good thing for him. I was anxious for the nurse to weigh him. The scale read 7 lbs 12 ozs (with cloths on)! Yippie! Such a growing boy!
Today, Saturday, March 14 Nathan has now been home one month from the hospital. It's so wonderful to have him home, it's hard to express this feeling into words. It sure does not seem like it's been one month since we brought him home from the NICU. I know that time flies so we are making sure we enjoy every moment....even if I'm short on sleep. :)
By his great weight gain you know that Nathan continues to do well. It's fun to feel his weight increase when holding him and seeing some clothes not fitting anymore. He has officially grown out of all preemie clothes. There were two sleepers that were labeled preemie but fit him for quite some time compared to the preemie onesies which became small right away. He no longer fits into those sleepers. I have officially started a very small pile of clothes he has grown out of. Newborn size clothes fit him just right. Clothes labeled 0 to 3 month are still too big but he will get there.
It's amazing how much noise he will sleep through. This of course is a wonderful thing because you cannot maintain a controlled environment for sleeping. I think his stay at the NICU helped from all the activity and noise in his room.
I'm sure our friends and family are going crazy waiting for picture updates. So...here you go!
OMG...he's growing like a weed!!!! Way to go you two!!!! I'm glad things are going so well..I would just love to squeeze those cheeks!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove
Robin