Nathan turned six months old on June 23, 2009! The days spent in the NICU are still so clear to us that it's hard to believe we've had Nathan in our lives for six months now. Our little guy has made even more wonderful changes since May. Here's a list of exciting things Nathan is doing:
* He sits up nicely with assistance and has great neck control. He can roll over to his right and left side from tummy to back; and recently started rolling from back to tummy. We find him in his crib now completely flipped from the way he was positioned at bed time. Nathan rubs his eyes and has cute yawn sounds when he's getting tired and makes great big stretches after waking up.
* Nathan likes to put a toy or his hand in his mouth. He prefers more than one finger in his mouth rather than a thumb. He does well at putting his hands together and switching a toy from one hand to the other with a very strong grip. Enjoys play time with a toy in hand or pulling dangling objects or chain of colorful fish but lets you know when he's ready to move onto something different.
* His awake times are getting longer and is even more interactive. He likes to follow you back and forth and watch what you're doing. His noises are getting much louder, making even more fun sounds and coos, and continues to laugh. He does a great job smiling back at you...all the time.
* Bath water is now being noticed by Nathan. He is starting to make little kicks in the water and moving his arms and legs around more. I know...soon I'll be blogging that I'm soaked after bath time. :)
* He just started wearing size two diapers and is taking 6 ounces five time a day. He is still in three month size clothes but are starting to get snug! I'll have to scope out what we have for six month size clothes.
I've decided to now only post pictures and notes as events or fun things occur in Nathan's life and continue to post each month milestone. I will no longer post weekly Tuesday pictures. Here are some fun pictures of Nathan on the day he turned six months old.
Great picture idea with the preemie onesie, I love it! Nathan sure is getting big. He looks so healthy and so happy! :)
ReplyDelete