March Highlights:
It was cute to hear Nathan tell us "I'm a boy and Daddy is a boy and Mommy is a girl and I'm a boy". I'm glad he has learned the male/female genders correctly! He comments to me "You're pretty Mommy" or tells Isaac "You're handsome and I'm handsome".
I read him a bedtime story one night (on March 9) when he decided to count some objects on the page and he counted in Spanish from uno to diez. I was blown away and had to tell Isaac right after I put Nathan to bed.
He has gotten better at going in the big boy potty again both at home and at daycare. We made the big switch from diapers to Pull-Ups on March 15.
Nathan is learning about left and right - regarding the directions left and right as well as which leg, arm, foot is his left/right and to put shoes on the correct feet himself.
This month I prepared Nathan's wardrobe for summer attire. This summer he will be wearing size 4T shirts and shorts and size 11 for sandals.
![]() |
| Nathan posing with the presents he gave me for my birthday |
![]() |
Nathan with two of his cousins Maegan (left) and Jaidyn (right) - we just love the expression on his face hanging out with the girls
|
April Highlights:
Nathan had been talking about Easter coming up for quite a while. He kept asking for jelly beans and telling us he wants to eat these colorful once a year candies. We spent Easter this year in Columbus with my family. I enjoyed preparing items in his Easter basket. Nathan would say with excitement "It's Easter!". He, of course, put several jelly beans in his mouth right away when he discovered some hiding inside the classic plastic eggs in his basket. Isaac enjoyed helping Nathan with the egg hunt outside Papa and Nana's front yard.
![]() |
Checking out the goodies in his Easter basket
|
![]() |
| He found the jelly beans! |
![]() |
| Finding eggs outside in the grass with Daddy |
![]() |
One of his gifts was a soccer ball that was hiding outside - he loves it
|
| Happy Easter! |
I finally got around to his well child three year checkup with our family doctor on April 12. He weighed in at 38 pounds and measured 41.5 inches tall. He is growing great and you would have no idea he was born as a preemie.
May Highlights:
Mother's Day this year was a very busy day, not only was it "My Day" but it was also our anniversary, and Uncle Brandon's high school graduation.
![]() |
| Nathan and Mommy on Mother's Day |
![]() |
| Mother's Day present Nathan made at daycare for me |
Memorial Day weekend we had the pleasure of Nana, Papa, and Uncle Brandon come stay at our house for three days. It was great showing them around our house since it had been several months since their last visit here to Iowa. Over the long weekend was a great start for Nathan to try out underwear! We made the switch from Pull-Ups to big boy underwear on Saturday, May 26. I had several Disney cartoon character underwear (size 4T) washed and ready in his dresser drawer just waiting patiently..oh so patiently for this day to come. He did great the first day; it took just two accidents the first day for him to understand how uncomfortable that felt to get his underwear wet, that he should use the potty. He has been going tinkle in the big boy potty ever since. It unfortunately took several more days for him to be comfortable with the idea to go poopy in the potty. He finally did for the first time on May 29 with a bribe from Daddy to make a trip to get chocolate ice cream!
![]() |
| Lookie, big boy underwear! |
June Highlights:
On June 2 the three of us adventured out to purchase a mattress for Nathan's big boy bed!!! The mattress we selected was in stock to pick up right then. We tied his mattress and box spring to the roof of my car. It was quite humorous for me so I had to take a picture. Nathan was grinning from ear to ear; he was so excited that he finally gets a big boy bed, no more baby crib to sleep in! We decorated his room with Dr. Seuss Cat In the Hat theme! It turned out great and Nathan loves his room.

The first full week of June Nathan had finally mastered the task of being comfortable going poopy in the potty. What a relief this is for us as I'm sure it is for him! This was quite the stressful hurdle to overcome, but we made it! Nathan is a big kid now!
It's funny when Nathan wakes up in his big bed, he says "It's wake up time" instead of getting up out of bed on his own. Once (so far) he fell out of bed during the night but this didn't startle him too much. One night shortly after I tucked him into bed, I heard moving about in his room so I peaked inside the doorway to see what was going on; he had re-arranged everything that he had in bed with him, all laid out on the floor next to bed.
Nathan likes to express his opinion on how I have my hair styled for the day. He tells me "I like your hair like that Mommy" when I have it down or "I don't like your hair like that" when I have it pulled up in the pony tail. When I have my hair partly pulled back he asked me one day "Why do you have your hair this for?". It was cute that he couldn't quite put together his question asking why I had my hair styled differently that day.
This will be a fun summer as Nathan loves to play outside. We started off the hot weather season with Isaac and Nathan running through the sprinklers in the backyard. Have a fun summer everyone!





















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.