Sunday, November 13, 2011

Old McDonald Had A Cow E I E I O

It's crazy how fast times goes by and it's hard to believe that next month Nathan will turn 3 years old. Here are some updates on what is going on in Nathan's little world. Happy reading!

August Highlights:
Nathan asks "What's his name?" to anyone he sees. He will even ask me the guy's name at the drive-thru or a kid waiting at the cross-walk while we are stopped at a traffic light. He asks "Ooh dat noise?" and wants to know the sound of something he hears. But Nathan will also make a noise himself and ask that same question. Silly boy!

Our family went to Omaha for a weekend. We spent time with the Campbell family (his Papa, Nana, Uncle Tyler & Aunt Jamie, and Uncle Brandon). We visited the Henry Doorly Zoo and Nathan loved the gorillas...but he would correct us and say they were monkeys. He was a great traveler for this fun weekend get-away.









Nathan is the definition of boy - he likes to roar like a tiger, immediately switches to hissing like a snake, and lastly pants/barks like a puppy! He really enjoys singing kid songs. Some regular tunes we hear around the house are the classic ABC song, No More Monkeys Jumping On The Bed, Wheels On The Bus, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Ring Around The Rosie, and Jesus Loves Me. At bedtime sometimes Nathan will sing along with me to Jesus Loves Me; it's really sweet to hear him sing.

His first dentist visit was on August 18. Nathan did such a great job. He let the dentist clean, polish, and even floss his teeth! He laid on the chair on his own about halfway through his checkup. We were really impressed on how well he did.

I apologize for my finger being in the way of the camera top right.

This little guy likes to put things in his shorts pockets! A few times he brought home little toys from daycare (two letter magnets one day and a little plastic purple teddy bear another time). I don't discover these until laundry day. I make sure him gives these back to his teacher at daycare so he can learn that these are not things to take home. For quite some time on our way home for the evening, I would ask Nathan what he did that day at daycare and I would always get the same answer. He would tell me that he painted with a paintbrush. This must be one of his favorite activities; and I'm pretty sure they don't paint every day.

September Highlights:
Nathan can do summer salts! At times he wants to do a few things himself such as putting his shoes on, trying to climb into our bed, taking his jacket off, brushing his teeth himself. He says "I do it". Nathan is our little helper. He likes to help Daddy water our inside house plants. He likes to carry his little watering can with some water in it just like Daddy. He likes to help me with the laundry by pulling clothes out of the dryer and putting them into the laundry basket. It's never too early to start a few chores!

If you ask Nathan the question "why" about something his reply is always "because". Classic! After changing his diaper and having him try to sit on the potty he of course is naked from the waist down. He turns his head around wanting to see his bottom but says to me "I want to see my body". It is hilarious!

He is wearing size 3T clothes for the fall and winter as well. Before shopping for the weather change I purchased just one shirt and pair of pants in 4T size to see if this will fit him - too big yet! His new shoes are size 11 but I think they are a little big on him.






October Highlights:
Nathan sings more frequently and is less shy about performing in front of you. He even adds action to his performances. It's really cute hearing him sing Old McDonald. He has progressed on wanting to do things himself, especially when getting dressed and getting his shoes on. "No, I want to try." he says. Nathan can say numbers 1 to 10 and ABCs without help.

My scrapbook room is the spare bedroom right next to Nathan's. I just chuckled and shook my when I was working away one night when he was supposed to be sleeping and I hear "Doing Mommy? Doing?"

Buzz Lightyear was the costume of choice this year. I was able to get his costume on twice - once at home before his daycare party to make sure it fits and once the day of their little party. But both times he immediately said "Take it off, take it off". He looked so cute wearing it even if it was only for a few seconds. I tried one more time getting him to wear his costume for Beggar's Night in our neighborhood but it was a no go for him to say Buzz Lightyear to the rescue. He loved the idea of his costume and was excited to see it but then it was like he was shy or even embarrassed about wearing it. Maybe next year....

Playing in the leaves in the front yard.


Nathan painted his pumpkin.


Someone had to wear Nathan's costume! Hee, hee!

Nathan was excited to see the first snowfall. He talks about wearing his boots and enjoyed playing in the snow one day. He was really upset when it was time to go back in the house to warm up. He didn't want to keep his gloves on.

Toys look familiar? They are from the sandbox. Seems logical for the snow too, right? Nathan thought so.




He is starting to pretend play. He will say that the floor around his bed (crib) is water or the rug in the kitchen is mud/dirt and acts like he is stuck and needs to be pulled out. Where does he come up with this stuff?

Lastly, we frequently listen to kid's music as Nathan calls it while driving. There is a song that plays on the toddler station once in a while that makes me laugh every time. It's Weird Al Yankovitc song 'Eat It'. So funny yet so true!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.